Mar 21, 2009

spring fling

I'm gonna combine a bunch of items in this post. The other day while I was sitting in the yard while the pups ran around I happened to notice that some little tulips were up! Yippee !Second it was such a great day that I took the wethrees to play frisbee and romp in the sun.














And last but not least, some of you may know of my stories of a red tailed hawk that frequents my yard quite often. I usually panic when it arrives cuz either my little yorkie, Mindy is out and about and she only weighs 4 1/2 pounds and I worry about little Sydney so I try and keep a sharp eye on days like today. Well, as usual the hawk arrived and hung out in this tree assessing the yard and things going on. It sat in this tree for about an hour not showing any signs of leaving. I think it was waiting for diner !!!

















I can't figure out if this is a youngster or those are its winter feathers.




3 comments:

  1. I am jealous of the tulips - it will be awhile yet until we see them here. Jealous of the hawk too, but then my dog weighs 60 lbs so it would take a gang of hawks to get him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mindy needs a disguise when she is out. Maybe she could borrow Tasha's wading pool and do the galapagos turtle thing.
    Love the frisbee photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that hawk would take little Mindy in a second. I'm liking the disguise idea. And love the pics of the kids playing frizbee.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete